Details: This is a beautiful set of 6 heavy amber glasses. They have a short foot/stem, traditionally called "Low Sherbet", so it's appropriate to use for sherbet and ice cream but make wonderful dessert cups for vanilla pudding, rice pudding or other creamy desserts as well as fruit cups. The pattern has the well recognized lines of the Fairfield pattern and forms a flower at the cup base as well as on the foot base. The glass looks very retro, mid-century modern, but it can also be added to a more traditional setting, even a country or farmhouse setting would be great for these pretty glasses. Wonderful on a Fall table setting.
Material: Pressed Glass
Dimensions: Each glass: 3 1/4 inches Tall. 3 1/2 inches in Diameter (top opening). Holds 5 oz at the rim (4 oz to the fill line).
Condition: Vintage - Used. Excellent Condition. There are no scratches, no chips, or any other defects on this item except as acceptable due to age/use/wear. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can't accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
Anchor Hocking has a very long and complicated history going back to 1905. The company was started by Isaac J. Collins and six friends who raised $8,000 to buy the Lancaster Carbon Company in Lancaster, Ohio and named the company for the Hocking River that is near where the plant was located. In 1924 a tremendous fire reduced the company to ashes but Mr. Collins and his associates raised funding to build another plant (Plant 1). The new plant was specifically designed for the production of glassware. Later in that same year, the company also purchased controlling interest in the Lancaster Glass Company (later called Plant 2) and the Standard Glass Manufacturing Company with plants in Bremen and Canal Winchester, Ohio. In 1929 the stock market crashed and so did the country's economy, however, this company survived by developing a 15-mold machine that could produce 90 pieces of blown glass per minute. This allowed the company to sell glasses "two for a nickel" and survive the great depression while others went out of business. Hocking Glass Company entered the glass container business in 1931 with the purchase of 50% of the General Glass Company, which in turn acquired Turner Glass Company of Winchester, Indiana. Anchor Hocking Glass Corporation came into existence on December 31, 1937 when the Anchor Cap and Closure Corporation and its subsidiaries merged with the Hocking Glass Company. The word "Glass" was dropped from the company's name in 1969 because the company had evolved into an international company with an infinite product list. They entered the plastic market in 1968 with the acquisition of Plastics Incorporated in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Newell Corporation acquired the Anchor Hocking Corporation on 2 July 1987. In 2012 Anchor Hocking merged with Oneida and created EveryWare Global. EveryWare Global filed for bankruptcy in 2015. EveryWare Global was renamed The Oneida Group in 2017 and it's the current owner of Anchor Hocking brand.