Details: This is a very nice Decanter in one of Anchor Hocking's most beautiful and enduring patterns, Wexford. Wexford was also made in blue, ruby red, gold-banded and smoked glass, this is the clear, and most popular of all the colors and a favorite of Anchor Hocking collectors. It is known by it's rows of small diamonds on the top band separated from larger diamonds on the bottom, also known as a crisscross pattern. The shape of this decanter is in our opinion, the showstopper, it is a hexagon, (six-sided), and it has a wider center then thins towards the top and then towards the bottom. The stopper follows the same shape, really retro looking! This pattern catches the light beautifully and would look lovely on any bar or bar cart. We have several pieces in the Wexford pattern, please search the site for "Wexford" to find more pieces to add to your Wexford collection.
Dimensions: 14.5 inches Tall with the stopper, approx. 5.0 inches Wide (at its widest point).
Condition: Vintage - Used. Very Good Condition. There is one minor issue on stopper's plastic insert, it has a large tear, not sure what happened there but it does not affect the look or the function of the stopper, the glass is in perfect condition, only the plastic has the issue. There are no scratches, chips or any other defects on this piece. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can't accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Some pictures have been enhanced to show detail.
Anchor Hocking has a very long and complicated history going back to 1905. Here is a brief synopsis of this long lived American manufacturer. The company was started by Isaac J. Collins and six friends who raised $8,000 to buy the Lancaster Carbon Company, Lancaster, Ohio, when it went into receivership in 1905. The company, named for the Hocking River near which the plant was located, made and sold approximately $20,000 worth of glassware in the first year. In 1924 a tremendous fire reduced the company to ashes but Mr. Collins and his associates raised funding to build another plant (Plant 1). The new plant was specifically designed for the production of glassware. Later in that same year, the company also purchased controlling interest in the Lancaster Glass Company (later called Plant 2) and the Standard Glass Manufacturing Company with plants in Bremen and Canal Winchester, Ohio. In 1929 the stock market crashed and so did the country's economy, however, this company survived by developing a 15-mold machine that could produce 90 pieces of blown glass per minute. This allowed the company to sell tumblers "two for a nickel" and survive the great depression while others went out of business. Hocking Glass Company entered the glass container business in 1931 with the purchase of 50% of the General Glass Company, which in turn acquired Turner Glass Company of Winchester, Indiana. Anchor Hocking Glass Corporation came into existence on December 31, 1937 when the Anchor Cap and Closure Corporation and its subsidiaries merged with the Hocking Glass Company. The word "Glass" was dropped from the company's name in 1969 because the company had evolved into an international company with an infinite product list. They had entered the plastic market in 1968 with the acquisition of Plastics Incorporated in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Newell Corporation acquired the Anchor Hocking Corporation on 2 July 1987. In 2012 Anchor Hocking merged with Oneida and created EveryWare Global. EveryWare Global filed for bankruptcy in 2015. EveryWare Global was renamed The Oneida Group in 2017 and it's the current owner of Anchor Hocking brand.