Skip to product information
1 of 6

O & E.G

Decorative Plate, O & E.G, Royal Austria, Hand Painted Roses, Antique

Decorative Plate, O & E.G, Royal Austria, Hand Painted Roses, Antique

Regular price $45.00 USD
Regular price Sale price $45.00 USD
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.
  • Pattern:  Unnamed, Red Roses
  • Made in Austria
  • Antique: 1898 - 1918
  • Details:  An absolutely gorgeous decorative plate by the highly regarded factory of O & E.G. (Oscar & Edgar Gutherz).  It is Hand-Painted, the brush strokes are clearly visible which gives it a really nice effect.  It has a floral pattern consisting of four deep, dark, red roses surrounded by leaves in varying shades of green with brown stems on a green background that reminds us of an "Ombre" effect, darker on one side and lightens ever so slightly towards the other side where it finishes in a light yellow.  The plate has  textural dotted embossing all around the border plus a very pretty swirl design on the rim.  This company didn't name all their patterns, this one does not have a name.  It is stamped on the back with the green hallmark wreath and the word ‘Royal’ in the middle and Austria at the bottom.  This is a highly desired and collectible plate.  It is anywhere from 102 to 122 years old, a true treasure and in excellent condition!
  • Material:  Porcelain
  • Dimensions:  6.75 inches in Diameter
  • Condition:  Antique - Used.   Excellent condition.  We could find no chips, cracks, or scratches on this piece.  Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can't accept returns.  Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
The O. & E.G. company started in Altrolau, Bohemia in 1884 by Oscar Gutherz and Maximilian Marx, backed by an American named Lazarus Straus, an importer in New York City (who actually owned Macy's in 1887). Originally Oscar and Max would only decorate china but eventually started making their own porcelain pieces.  Their mark was a red circle with the words "Marx & Gutherz - Carlsbad" and the word "Austria" outside the circle.  Oscar’s brother Edgar bought out Marx in 1898, and the firm became O. & E.G., (Oscar & Edgar Gutherz).  They changed their hallmark to a green wreath with the word ‘Royal’ in the middle and "Austria" at the bottom.  (Altrolau, Bohemia is now Stara Role, Czech Republic).

View full details
  • Free Shipping

    Orders over $100 now ship for free in the continental US.

  • Color Disclaimer

    Actual colors may vary, this is due to computer monitors displaying colors differently. We cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product. Some pictures were enhanced to show details.