- Made in USA
- Vintage: circa 1930’s
- Details: A very beautiful cigar inner box label from La Flor de Garcia y Vega Cigar Brand, manufactured by Garcia & Vega Cigar Company founded in New York. It is a lithograph from the 1930’s, what is known as the “golden age” of cigar labels . It has a lady dressed in some fine clothing as depicted by the lace collar as well as her gold hair barrette or hair comb. She is standing in what looks like a park, as there are people walking by in the background, she’s caving the initials G y V 1882 on a tree. The picture is edged with gold embossed flowers and green leaves as well as “G y V” shields or crests. It is marked “La Flor de Garcia y Vega, Fine Cigars Since 1882”. This label is beautifully glossy, heavily embossed and gilded which we tried to show in the pictures because it makes it even more spectacular looking and a very expensive label to make. The upper edge reveals this was a label meant to go on a box of Napoleon cigars. Really nice unused condition, suitable for framing and recommended to maintain this condition.
- Material: Paper
- Dimensions: 9 inches Wide and 7 inches Tall
- Condition: Vintage – Unused (Guaranteed Original). This is an original, new old stock item, never been used, mint condition. The paper is yellowing but this is consistent with its age. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Garcia & Vega Cigar Co. was founded in New York in 1882 as Garcia & Gonzalez Cigar Co. by Asturian immigrant Alvaro Garcia Longo (1854-1921). In 1884 another Asturian immigrant from Arriondas, José Vega, became a partner and the firm name was changed to Garcia & Vega Cigar Co. In 1895 Pantaleón Félix Carcaba was added as a third partner and the firm name was changed to Garcia, Vega & Carcaba Cigar Co. In 1906 upon the sudden death of Carcaba the name was changed back to Garcia & Vega. They owned several brands such as: the Austino, El Mas Noble, La Flor de Alvaro Garcia Longo, Garcia y Vega, La Rosa de Mayo, Duquesita, La Perla Española, Flor de Garcia y Vega and Flor de P. F. Carcaba brands. The company eventually moved to Florida, according to the Hillsborough County Property Appraiser, the state of Florida first granted the land to Antonio Perria before West Tampa was established in 1884, then sold to Garcia and Vega in 1907 and they built the now historic building in 1908. The inscription on the building states “1882 Garcia & Vega The Bonded Havana Cigar”, which is the year the company was established, not the year the building was constructed. Garcia y Vega still makes cigars today, still in West Tampa, FL.
Chromolithography is a unique method for making multi-color prints. Chromolithography, became the most successful of several methods of color printing developed by the 19th century.