- Pattern: Anniversary Bells
- Vintage: 1953
- Made in Japan for Arnart Imports, Inc.
- Details: This set of 4 ashtrays and matching holder/carrier is such a great piece of Tobacciana! It is from Arnart Imports, made of porcelain. The notches/indentations are too small for cigars, definitely made for cigarettes’ at a time when cigarette smoking was considered classy, elegant and sophisticated, the 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s. (By the 1960’s people were starting to see cigarettes not as elegant, but still “cool”, with the right crowd). These ashtrays are small, made for individual use by one person. The “Anniversary Bells” design is the same on all the pieces, it has four white bells and pink roses tied with a pink bow. All pieces have a gold rim and the notches/indentations are also painted with gold. The holder has an additional design, again the four bells with roses with added gold leaves on each side. All pieces have the stamped original Arnart Royal Crown logo from 1953 and all (except one), have the Arnart paper label that was used in 1953. The stamping on the bottom reads: “Arnart Anniversary Bells 55/1869”. From research, we understand the numbers stamped sometimes signified the pieces belonged to an entire group of figurines, or collection. Great piece of memorabilia and an excellent gift for a collector! Great for a wedding, bridal shower or 50th Anniversary.
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimensions: Ashtrays: 3 x 3 inches (3.25 inches including the notches). Holder: 3.0 by 3.25 inches and approx. 1.75 inches Tall
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. There is a tiny chip on one of the ashtrays. Otherwise, there are no chips, scratches, or any defects on the rest of the pieces. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Arnart Imports Inc., is still in operation (as of this writing) and is currently located in 230 Fifth Avenue, New York. The company specializes in porcelain gifts and decorative accessories. First registered trade mark is the Crown and A’s mark registered April 30, 1953. However, we have read that in 1957 they changed their name to “5th Avenue” after securing US based offices, and stopped using a printed stamped ‘made in Japan’ pottery mark, opting instead for a removable ‘made in Japan’ stickers.