- Made in Japan
- Vintage: 1950’s or earlier
- Details: This is a very special souvenir ashtray. It’s not only kitschy, it is highly collectible. If you look closely at the Florida map, something is missing, something you find in every Florida souvenir map today… Disney World!! Disney World Florida opened in 1965 and also the Daytona 500 racetrack opened in 1959 neither are on this map so that helped us date it to within the 1950’s, could be earlier. The ashtray is white porcelain with a beautiful Blue Lusterware stripe around the inside rim, it has gold accents and a gold rim. These pieces were made in Japan and imported by by an American importer called Kenmar. Great piece of Florida history, Tourist industry memorabilia, and a great collector’s item.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 6.75 inches Wide, 1.25 inches Tall
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no scratches, chips, cracks, stains, or other damage. The gold rim is also in excellent condition. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Souvenir Details: Shown on the map are: The Florida State bird, the Mocking Bird. The Overseas Highway, this road was built in the 1930’s. The Florida Citrus Tower was once the most famous tourist spot in Orlando. Parrot Jungle, now called Jungle Island. Marineland opened in 1938 near Jacksonville, was a very popular destination in the 1950’s until Sea World opened in 1973. Cypress Gardens, no longer opened, Lego Land Water Park is now in its former location. Not shown, opened after 1959: Disney World Florida didn’t open until 1965. Kennedy Space Center didn’t open until 1967. Daytona 500 didn’t open until 1959. We’re sure there’s more history to be found on this map, these are just a few highlights.