- Pattern: Unknown – Fruit Still Life
- Made in: Kahla, Germany GDR
- Vintage: 1968 – 1987
- Details: A gorgeous set of five porcelain salad/dessert plates with various fruit still-life images in the center. This collection features: apples, peaches, grapes, pears, and a pineapple nestled among nuts, plums, strawberries, cherries and others. The plates are smooth and have a nice gold rim. They are all stamped on the back: ” Kahla, German Democratic Republic”. Based on the logo used, we were able to date these plates from 1968 up to 1987. Still beautiful today as tableware, they would make a gorgeous wall decoration in a dinning room, kitchen, even a sunroom.
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimension: 7 3/8 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches or crazing on any of these plates except for normal wear/use. The gold rims are also in excellent condition. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Kahla was founded on 27 August 1844 by Christian Eckhardt. Due to their quality and craftsmanship they quickly developed into a leading porcelain manufacturer. In 1949, the German Democratic Republic made the porcelain factory in Kahla into a state owned operation and expanded production which included a total of 17 porcelain factories in 1979. After the fall of the German wall, the company was re-established after reunification. In 1994 it was re-founded as Kahla/Thüringen Porzellan GmbH by Günther Raithel as a majority shareholder. Today it is still a family owned business, the Raithel family runs one of the most modern porcelain companies in Europe. Kahla has received more than 100 international design awards for innovative product design, intelligent and environmentally friendly concepts. In 2019 they celebrated a double anniversary: 175 years of company history have passed since it was founded by Christian Eckardt in 1844 and 25 years since the company was re-established after reunification.