- Pattern: “Fruits” by Email de Limoges: “Plum” and St. Limoges” “Apricot”
- Made in: Limoges, France
- Not Vintage: 2000
- Details: We have, what would be an unusual situation in most cases, two plates from the same collection but from different manufacturers. The Plum plate is from a collection called Fruit by Veritable Porcelaine Email de Limoges. The Apricot plate is the same collection but by St. Limoges. Knowing a little bit about Limoges will help you understand why this sometimes happens and it is not so unusual in Limoges porcelain. The “Apricot” has a a bright yellow, almost orange color bordered plate with beautiful apricots in the center with their flowers and green leaves. There’s also a small butterfly on the branch. The “Plum” is bordered in hot pink with gorgeous purple/blue/burgundy plums with their flowers and leaves and also butterflies in the center. Both plates have a gold verge and gold rim. They are stamped on the back: Plum: “Veritable Porcelaine Email de Limoges, Lead Free and a cursive L in the center”. The Apricot: is simply stamped: “St. Limoges”. One is slightly smaller than the other, barely noticeable. These would make a gorgeous addition to a kitchen or dinning room wall. Also, in a sun-room or garden room to bring in a little bit of the outdoors. If you’re collecting the set, we hope these two pieces bring you closer to your goal. If you’re just looking for a beautiful gift or for a colorful accent for your home, these will not disappoint.
- Material : Porcelain
- Dimension: Plum is 7 3/8 inches in Diameter. Apricot is 7 5/8 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Used. Excellent condition. These plates were only used as decor, have never been used as tableware. No scratches, cracks, or other marks. Please note the little white dot on the Plum picture is not really there, was either lighting or something that landed on the plate while photographing. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are USED items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Limoges porcelain is hard-paste porcelain produced by factories in and around the city of Limoges, France, (a city southwest of Paris), beginning in the late 18th century, and does not refer to a particular manufacturer. There were many studios in the region of Limoges making porcelain. Just like Staffordshire pottery, which is made in Staffordshire, the word Limoges stands for the region where these ceramics were produced by many different factories. Some of the markings on pieces of Limoges porcelain are standard marks used by many firms and studios. Antique collectors have known for a very long time that Limoges marks is the definition of quality porcelain.