- Pattern: Bali Hai (Discontinued)
- Made in Japan by Narumi (not Kent china)
- Vintage: 1946 – 1950
- Details: This a very fresh, summery pattern. It’s white china with a very light ivory border and yellow bamboo shoots with green leaves within the border, enclosed within two gold lines. The back stamp that reads “Bali Hai by Narumi Japan”. These bowls would look especially nice on a Spring or Summer table setting, perhaps with other earthy items like bamboo flatware and weaved or wood-like placemats.
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimensions: Approx. 5.25 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no cracks, chips, or visible scratches on any of these bowls, the gold rims are in perfect condition. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Narumi is the second largest manufacturer and supplier of tableware in Japan. They have been around since 1911 with the original name, Imperial Seito. However, it wasn’t until 1938 when Nagoya Seito built a new plant in a town called Narumi in Nagoya, Japan that the name “Narumi” was used. Later, in 1946, they started making tableware that would appeal to western tastes and exporting to the United States. In 1950 they changed their name to Narumi China Corporation. Through the years they have expanded to Tokyo and Nagoya, Japan; Singapore; Hong Kong; Shanghai, China; and Bekasi, Indonesia. In 1976 they began supplying the hotel and restaurant industry. In 2005 they changed their name to Narumi Shanghai Co., Ltd. In 2015 they became a member of Ishizuka Group.