- Made in Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Vintage: Pre -1941
- Details: This bread / rolls server is over 80 years old, made by Homan Manufacturing Company (HMC) . Beautiful Lattice / Pierced / Woven design. The name “Sheffield Design” may refer to the lattice work that Sheffield used in many of their pieces OR could refer to the Electro-Plated process that Sheffield may have started. But this is not a Sheffield piece, it is clearly marked as Made in the USA and the initials H.M.C. EPNS is engraved on the bottom, it stands for: Electro Plated Nickel Silver. Beautiful on a breakfast or brunch table with rolls or cookies. Can also be used as decoration, as a catch-all at an entrance table, holding party favors, candy dish, so many uses! There are a couple of condition issues, please see “Condition” below.
- Material: Silver-plate.
- Dimensions: 13.0 inches Long, 6.0 inches Wide (at widest point).
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Good Vintage Condition. Several minor chips and scratches are visible but expected considering its age, consistent with age/use/wear. Any dark shaded areas are simply a reflection of the photo, not on the actual piece. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. All sales final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping fees based on your location.
The Homan Manufacturing Company, was established in Cincinnati, OH and was open from 1847 to 1941. They were out of business by 1941, so this server may be even older than we estimate.