- Pattern: Old English
- Made: in USA by Poole Silver Company, Taunton, MA
- Vintage: could range from 1947- 1971. (See notes below)
- Details: Very large, heavy for its size. Has thick floral scroll trim and etched or engraved scroll and floral center. With letters EPCA which stand for Electro Plated, the others letters are other based metals (copper, etc). The number 5017 refers to pattern/style or mold number for reference.
- Material: Silver-plate
- Dimension: 12 inches in Diameter including borders, 9 inches in center easily accommodates 9 inch pie.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent vintage condition. Minor scratches visible, especially in center. There are no chips or dents. – Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ’s for exceptions.
Poole Silver Company located in Taunton, Massachusetts, the company began producing its wares in 1893, made a wide range of silver plate and sterling silverware. Dating Poole silver plate using the markings on the metal alone is impossible, due to there being no standard marking system used by the company. Determining an exact manufacture date is unlikely, date range has been established based on pattern discontinued date and the fact that Poole sold the company to Towle. Although Towle continued manufacturing this pattern, they only produced the flatware. This piece is most likely from 1960’s, but could well be much older.