- Made by Homan Manufacturing Company (HMC) in Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Vintage: Pre -1941
- Details: This bread / rolls server is over 80 years old. Beautiful Lattice / Pierced / Woven design. The name “Sheffield Design” may refer to the lattice work that Sheffield used in many of their pieces OR could refer to the Electro-Plated process that Sheffield may have started. But this is not a Sheffield piece, it is clearly marked as Made in the USA and the initials H.M.C. EPNS is engraved on the bottom, it stands for: Electro Plated Nickel Silver. Beautiful on a breakfast or brunch table with rolls or cookies. Can also be used as decoration, as a catch-all at an entrance table, holding party favors, candy dish, so many uses! There are a couple of condition issues, please see “Condition” below.
- Material: Silver-plate.
- Dimensions: 13″ in length, and 6 inches wide at the widest point.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Good Condition. Several minor chips and scratches are visible but expected considering its age, consistent with wear/age/use. PLEASE SEE PICTURES BEFORE PURCHASING. Any black areas are simply a reflection of the photo booth, not on the actual piece. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ’s for exceptions.
The Homan Manufacturing Company, was established in Cincinnati, OH and was open from 1847 to 1941. They were out of business by 1941, so this server may even be older than we even figure.