- Pattern: Inheritance
- Made in USA
- Vintage: 1941
- Details: A very beautiful serving fork, in the very old “Inheritance” pattern by Wm Rogers Manufacturing Co. These are typically used to hold meat for slicing, or once it’s sliced, also used for serving. We think these large forks are wonderful for serving noodles and vegetables too! These become extremely useful on a buffet table. It is stamped on back: “Wm Rogers Mfg Co, Original Rogers”. Great as a hostess/host gift, or for someone who appreciates vintage flatware, perfect for a collector. We also carry the Butter Spreaders and Tea Spoons in this pattern.
- Material: Silver plate
- Dimension: 8 3/4 inches Long
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. As with all used silverplated pieces, there are several minor surface scratches, we feel acceptable due to age/use/wear. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
William Rogers Mfg. Co. was started by William Rogers and his elder son Wm Rogers Jr in 1865. In 1866 Rogers & Brother Co was incorporated. In 1872, when the William Rogers Manufacturing Co was incorporated, the Rogers were no longer associated to the firm (but later F. Willson Rogers, younger son of William Rogers, entered in the firm as Secretary). In the 1880’s the firm had a bitter controversy with William Rogers Jr. about the right to use William Rogers name. In 1898 the firm became part of International Silver Co. International Silver Company and its factories were active in the whole Meriden-Wallingford area becoming possibly the larger center for silver craftsmanship in the US. The peak of the production was reached in the late 1930s. The production of sterling holloware continued until 1976 while the silver plated holloware business was sold to Oneida Silversmiths in 1981.