- Pattern: American Clear #2056 (Discontinued)
- Made in: USA
- Vintage: 1915 – 1986
- Details: Clear glass with the well known and loved “American Clear” pattern by Fostoria. This set is from the late 1970’s, in really great condition. We have seen this set with and without a lid on the sugar bowl, however, this is the “open sugar”, not meant to have a lid. The exact pattern number for this set is #181 686 for both creamer and open sugar. There is a covered sugar bowl in the Fostoria American Clear pattern, (#185 673), however, the rim is totally smooth, not cut like this one, also the handles are rounded, not pointed like these. This pattern has even another covered sugar, called the Sugar Barrel (#185 676), but it’s much taller and does not have handles. If you’re a collector, this information might be important to you, these are a great addition to your American Clear collection. Because of its geometrical design these pieces can be mixed with both modern, as well as vintage tableware. Great host/hostess gift!
- Material: Glass
- Dimensions: Open Sugar: 2 3/8 inches Tall, 3 1/2 inches, 5 inches Wide (including handles). Creamer: 2 3/4 inches Tall, 4 inches Wide (from spout to handle)
- Condition: Vintage- Used. Excellent Condition. No chips, cracks or scratches except as acceptable due to age/use/wear. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping fees based on your location.
The Fostoria Glass Company manufactured pressed, blown and hand-molded glassware and tableware for almost 100 years. It began operations in Fostoria Ohio on December 15, 1887. Fostoria’s best-selling pattern was “American”, introduced in 1915. After the factory closure, Lancaster Colony contracted with Dalzell Viking Glass Company of New Martinsville, West Virginia, to continue manufacturing some Fostoria patterns, including American. They introduced additional “American” serving-ware pieces on January 1st, 1936. This pattern was retired in 1986.