- Pattern: Sato/Gordon Collection Rickshaw and Flowers
- Made in Uji, Japan by Asahi Pottery
- Vintage: 1970’s
- Details: A most beautiful Sake Set which includes the Sake (rice wine) decanter and three small cups. They feature a beautifully hand decorated rickshaw in red, green and black surrounded by red and white flowers, all outlined in gorgeous gold. Other details such as dots, wheels spokes and other designs also in gold. Details abound, including tiny grass blades underneath the rickshaw, tiny buds around the flowers and very thin black branches. There are two red bands towards the bottom of each piece. There is crazing all over the pieces but in this case it is part of the design and not due to age or damage. Great oriental decor for a bar. Perfect gift for a host or hostess!
- Material: Ceramic
- Dimensions: The decanter is 5.25 inches Tall and 2 inches in Diameter at the bottom, the mouth opening is 1.5 inches in Diameter. The cups are 2 inches Tall and 1.75 inches in Diameter at the mouth opening.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, cracks or scratches on any of these pieces. There is lots of crazing throughout but as mentioned above, this is part of the design and not due to age or damage. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ’s for exceptions.
For close to four hundred years, the Matsubayashi family has shaped exquisitely glazed pottery at the Asahi pottery in Uji, Japan. If visiting the area, they allow visitors in the shop to watch the master artisans at work. Asahi Pottery Museum runs pottery classes and one day trial workshops are also available so tourists can experience the fun of pottery.