- Pattern: Mallards in Flight- Chesapeake Collection
- Made in England exclusively for Avon
- Vintage: 1981
- Details: This is a gorgeous collection from Avon. We are offering an entire set of Avon’s Mallards in Flight barware which includes 6 Highball/Rocks Glasses, 4 Coasters, and 1 Round Metal Tray. The original set had 4 glasses, you get two more glasses here, great in case of breakage you have extras. This piece has so much color and detail it’s hard to summarize it all. The glasses have a wonderfully unusual shape, they are heavy bottomed and all have the same design of three Mallard ducks in flight. The coasters have a different game bird design on each: Mallard, Canada Goose, Pintail Duck and Green Wing Teal Ducks. They are sturdy and all lined with green felt on back to protect your table. The tray is metal and really brings it all together. It has two Mallard ducks, a male and a female, in flight against a blue sky background and brown cattails grasses below. The tray is stamped on the bottom: “Mallards in Flight, Chesapeake Collection, Designed Exclusively by AVON”. Overall, a great set, very well deigned and certainly a collector’s piece for Avon collector’s. This set will be heavy, our pricing includes some of the shipping costs we incur. Great gift for bird lovers, as man-cave or study/library, for lodge or cabin style decor too. Perfect for Fall decor! If you are an Avon collector, this will make a very nice addition to your collection.
- Material: Glass, Metal and Felt (back of coasters)
- Dimensions: Glasses: 3 3/8 inches Tall and 3 3/4 inches in Diameter (at its widest point, bottom). Tray: 11 3/4 inches in Diameter, 1 1/8 inches Tall Coasters: 4 3/8 inches Long and 3/3/8 inches Tall
- Condition: Vintage-Used. Excellent Condition. There are no scratches, chips or other defects on any of these pieces except for the Tray which has some wear/scratches and shows signs of use but only on the underside. Please see pictures. Please remember these used items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ’s for exceptions.
For more than 80 years, Avon has been selling health and beauty products, personal care, jewelry, perfumes, clothing, and many other items. Sometimes they package their products in beautiful decanters and other glassware that have become a favorite of collectors. In the mid 1960’s, Avon began producing novelty containers for perfumes. Collectors loved the new products, and Avon began creating more collectibles to draw in their customers. Avon started selling dinnerware, glasses and other home items starting in 1975 with the ruby red 1876 Cape Cod Collection. That collection was so successful that Avon continued releasing different glassware collections for many years.
The mallard is a duck that breeds throughout the temperate and subtropical Americas, Eurasia, and North Africa and has been introduced to New Zealand, Australia, Peru, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, the Falkland Islands, and South Africa. In fact, the mallard is thought to be the most abundant and wide-ranging duck on earth. The male birds have a glossy green head with grey on their wings and belly, while the females have mainly brown-speckled feathers. Both sexes have an area of black or beautiful iridescent blue feathers called a speculum on their wings; however, they are temporarily shed during the annual summer moult. Mallards prefer calm, shallow sanctuaries, but can be found in almost any body of freshwater across Asia, Europe, and North America. They’re also found in saltwater and brackish water and are commonly found in wetlands. They are a common sight in urban parks, lakes, ponds, and other human-made water features in the regions they inhabit, and are often tolerated or encouraged in human habitat due to their placid nature towards humans and their beautiful and iridescent colors.