- Pattern: Blossom, Stem#3007, Cut 6700 (Discontinued)
- Made in USA by Rock Sharpe Crystal
- Vintage: 1940’s
- Details: This is an impressively beautiful set of 6 Liqueur/Cocktail stemware glasses. These are Blown Glass with the cuts made by Rock Sharpe, and the glass made by Libbey. (More information below). These are very elegant and have the much loved Blossom pattern which is a spin-off of the Crystal Garland pattern, (just by adding more flowers per branch or less flowers per branch, each pattern got a new name). This is the Blossom pattern which has 6 flowers per stem, all hand-tooled, etched flowers with several cut fern leaves that Rock Sharpe is known for. The stem is also beautifully cut and ends with a simple round foot. Selling as a set of 6. Great for serving liqueurs such as Amaretto, Chambord, Irish Creams, etc., but also make great dessert dishes for sorbets, sherbet and other creamy desserts. These will surely enhance many bar collections and tableware settings.
- Material: Blown Glass
- Dimensions: 5.0 inches Tall and 3 1/8 inches in Diameter (top opening), and the foot is 2.75.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. No cracks, scratches or chips. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. All sales final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
The Cataract-Sharpe Mfg. Co. (later renamed Sharpe Inc.) of Buffalo, NY was originally founded by Alfred H. Sharpe in 1914. Until 1920, the firm was known as Cataract Glass Company. Cataract-Sharpe cut many intricate, deep-cut crystal patterns. Many of the designs were ornately done and brilliantly polished. In the 30’s and 40’s, the company widely promoted its Rock Sharpe Crystal and had some of the best-selling stemware in America during that period. The Cataract-Sharpe Company had extensive equipment for decorating and highly skilled cutters who employed advanced cutting and polishing methods, however, they did not make any glass. Libbey Glass and Bryce Brothers of Mt. Pleasant, PA, were both furnishing hand-made stemware blanks to Sharpe in the mid-1930’s. Since they marketed stemware only under the Sharpe brand name, none of the blanks were identified as coming from Libbey. When WWII started, Cataract-Sharpe had to stop its use of leaded glass. Shortly after the war ended, in 1947, in a bid to further enhance Libbey’s glass decorating capabilities, Owens-Illinois acquired the Cataract-Sharpe Manufacturing Company and changed its name to Sharpe, Inc. Once this happened, Libbey was able to market under the Libbey name all the Sharpe designs. Sharpe moved to Toledo, Ohio in the early 1950’s. In the late 40’s and 50’s, Sharpe, Inc. continued to produce patterns that had previously been made at Cataract-Sharpe. In addition, several new Sharpe patterns were introduced, including “Empire Wreath”, “Spear and Ring”, “Lattice” and “Bramble.” Eventually, however, Owens-Illinois discontinued altogether the Sharpe cut crystal line.