- Pattern: Currier & Ives, “The Farmer’s Home In Winter”
- Vintage: 1980’s (estimated)
- Made in Japan
- Details: We have seen many similar mugs with the same design but footed with “rings” on the bottom, however, we have not found any that are flat bottomed nor with a square handle like this one. A beautiful version of Currier and Ives, “The Farmer’s Home in Winter”, in blue and white. The scene is one of the much loved, traditional lithographs designed by Currier & Ives from the 1800’s to 1907. Each lithograph depicts a different scene from America of old. This one is blue and white and rimmed in gold both on top and bottom. It shows a beautiful country scene with a house, barn, and animals outside. There is lots of snow and the ground and many bare trees from the winter’s cold. There is no manufacturer information so we’re unable to tell you more beyond the description. We currently stock several other Currie & Ives pieces, some in blue and white. We also carry the same shaving mug with a different scene called “The Farmer’s Home in Winter”. This is a beautiful mug of Old Americana and would make a lovely gift for someone who shaves the old fashioned way. A great gift for an Americana collector. Great addition to a farmhouse or country bath decor. We think it would look great in the bathroom holding toothbrushes. Excellent gift for lovers of Blue and White!
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 3.25 inches Tall, 3.25 inches in Diameter (top opening), 3.0 inches in Diameter, (bottom). 4.0 inches Wide including handle.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or crazing on this mug, there is a tiny bit of wear on the gold border. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are not new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear, and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping fees based on your location.
Currier and Ives was started by Nathaniel Currier in 1835. It was a successful American printmaking firm in New York City that produced prints from paintings by fine artists as black and white lithographs and later colored by hand, usually by German immigrants. In 1857 Nathaniel partnered with James Merritt Ives and the company became Currier & Ives. Currier and Ives was the most successful company of lithographers in the U.S. Their works included lithographs of American life with different themes like: hunting, fishing, city life, rural scenes, historical scenes, ships, railroads, winter scenes, still lifes and so much more. Currier died in 1888 and Ives was active in the firm until his death in 1895. Both Currier’s and Ives’s sons followed their fathers in the business, until they closed in 1907. Today, original Currier and Ives prints are much sought by collectors, and modern reproductions of them are popular decorations.