- Pattern: Currier & Ives – The Old Homestead in Winter
- Vintage: 1978
- Made in Japan by TC
- Details: This is a limited edition collector’s plate series by Roy Thomas. The series has 4 different scenes based on lithographs designed by Currier & Ives from the 1800’s to 1907. Each plate depicts a different scene from America of old. This one is called ” The Old Homestead in Winter”, it’s plate #W-001. It depicts a farm scene with snow on the ground, a farmer with his horse at the doorway of the barn. There are cows nearby, some chickens and many leafless trees all around. There is a sleigh in the background, he might be getting the horse ready to pull that sleigh. The plate has the Currier & Ives Scene in the center which is rimmed with a gold verge plus has a beautiful scroll pattern on the border. The back has all the information regarding this collection and it is stamped: “The Roy Thomas Collection” of Currier & Ives Winter Scenes Limited Edition 1978. It also has the manufacturer’s stamp, TC. The Old Homestead In Winter and Plate No. W-001. It retains its original sticker that reads: Made in Japan. There are no pre-drilled holes so you will need to use a plate hanger, this plate had a plate hanger already on it, we will send it along to you, no extra charge, it can be removed if you rather use a plate stand. This is a beautiful collection of Old Americana and would make a lovely wall decor in a study, living room, office, or entrance hall. A great gift for an Americana collector. Great addition to a farmhouse or country decor! We have several other plates from this collection, as well as other Currier and Ives items, please search our site if interested.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Dimensions: Approx. 8.25 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or crazing on this plate, the gold border is in excellent condition as well. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Currier and Ives was started by Nathaniel Currier in 1835. It was a successful American printmaking firm in New York City that produced prints from paintings by fine artists as black and white lithographs and later colored by hand, usually by German immigrants. In 1857 Nathaniel partnered with James Merritt Ives and the company became Currier & Ives. Currier and Ives was the most successful company of lithographers in the U.S. Their works included lithographs of American life with different themes like: hunting, fishing, city life, rural scenes, historical scenes, ships, railroads, winter scenes, still lifes and so much more. Currier died in 1888 and Ives was active in the firm until his death in 1895. Both Currier’s and Ives’s sons followed their fathers in the business, until they closed in 1907. Today, original Currier and Ives prints are much sought by collectors, and modern reproductions of them are popular decorations.