- Patterns: “Spice of Life” (Centura)
- Made in: USA
- Vintage: 1970’s – 1980’s
- Details: This much loved pattern was originally introduced by Corning in 1972 as a dinnerware set with additional pieces added through the 80’s and 90’s. Through a licensing agreement with Corning, Gemco-Ware manufactured coffeepots, teapots, storage jars, salts and peppers, creamer and sugar sets, etc., to match several of Corning’s patterns. They were made of milk glass with chromed plastic lids. This Spice of Life (Centura) pattern is much loved with vegetables that are so fresh and colorful, and herbs in varying tones of green are just delightful, we can see why it’s still being collected. One of the most unique aspects of these pieces are the French names, in a cursive font, added to each vessel, this one “Le Sucrier”, is the sugar bowl, it has a chromed plastic flip top lid, and the opening/slot for a spoon. It’s embossed on the bottom: “gemco, 4, USA”. A great gift for a collector or for your own kitchen decor or use. We also carry the Ketchup and Mustard dispensers if you’re interested in more of this pattern.
- Material: Glass and Plastic
- Dimensions: 4.5 inches Long (at its tallest point), 4.0 inches in Diameter (top opening). Top access is 4.0 by 2.5 inches.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. There is small dot of paint missing on one tomato, (photographed for your review). Otherwise there are no chips or other defects except as acceptable due to age/use/wear. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Gemco-Ware is one of the many brand names of Lifetime Brands, Inc. Lifetime designs, develops, markets, and distributes a wide range of household consumer products under both owned and licensed brands. Some of their brands are: Hoffritz, Roshco, Baker’s Advantage, Kamenstein, CasaModa, Hoan, Gemco, and USE. Lifetime continues to partner with many well known companies, such as the partnership with Corning, but also Walt Disney, Pillsbury, Whirlpool, and Conair. Currently they have several licensed marketing agreements including: Farberware, KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Sabatier, DBK-Daniel Boulud Kitchen, and Joseph Abboud. The Spice of Life pattern was discontinued in 1987 but we believe Gemco continued to produce this pattern into the early 90’s (they can still be found in their 1993 wholesale catalog).
Lifetime Brands was founded in 1957 by Milton Cohen and Sam Siegel originally called “Reo Products”. In 1960 they acquired a large distributer of knives called Lifetime Cutlery Corp and changed their name to “Lifetime Cutlery Corp”. They’ve been through several sales and acquisitions, including the 1986 acquisition of Hoan, and another name change to “Lifetime Hoan Corporation”. Since June 2005 their name is “Lifetime Brands Inc.”