- Patterns: “Spice of Life” (Centura)
- Made in: USA
- Vintage: 1972 – 1980’s
- Details: This much loved pattern was originally introduced by Corning in 1972 as a dinnerware set with additional pieces added through the 1980’s. Through a licensing agreement with Corning, Gemco-Ware manufactured pieces to match several of Corning’s patterns. They made: coffeepots, teapots, storage jars, salts and peppers, ketchup and mustard, creamer and sugar, etc. This set is made of opaque white glass with chromed plastic lids. This Spice of Life (Centura) pattern is much loved, with vegetables that are so fresh and colorful, and herbs in varying tones of green, just delightful, we can see why it’s still being collected. One of the most unique aspects of these pieces are the French names added to each vessel in a cursive font. This set read: “Sauce de Tomate”, and “Le Moutardier” and are the ketchup and mustard dispensers, they both have a chromed plastic lid and plastic pumps, (there is an issue with one pump, see Condition below). They’re embossed on the bottom but very hard to read, looks like the gemco logo and a W or Crown (?). A great gift for a collector or for your own retro kitchen decor or use. We also carry the sugar bowl, “Le Sucrier”.
- Material: Glass and Plastic
- Dimensions: Each is 6.0 inches Tall (without the pump), 7.75 inches Tall (with the pump extended), approx. 2.5 inches in Diameter (at widest point).
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. The pump sticks a bit on the Ketchup dispenser and there’s a scratch on one of the chromed lids. Otherwise there are no scratches, chips or other defects, really great looking set. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise stated. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Gemco-Ware is one of the many brand names of Lifetime Brands, Inc. Lifetime designs, develops, markets, and distributes a wide range of household consumer products under both owned and licensed brands. Some of their brands are: Hoffritz, Roshco, Baker’s Advantage, Kamenstein, CasaModa, Hoan, Gemco, and USE. Lifetime continues to partner with many well known companies, such as the partnership with Corning, but also Walt Disney, Pillsbury, Whirlpool, and Conair. Currently they have several licensed marketing agreements including: Farberware, KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Sabatier, DBK-Daniel Boulud Kitchen, and Joseph Abboud. The Spice of Life pattern was discontinued in 1987 but we believe Gemco continued to produce this pattern into the early 90’s (they can still be found in their 1993 wholesale catalog).
Lifetime Brands was founded in 1957 by Milton Cohen and Sam Siegel originally called “Reo Products”. In 1960 they acquired a large distributer of knives called Lifetime Cutlery Corp and changed their name to “Lifetime Cutlery Corp”. They’ve been through several sales and acquisitions, including the 1986 acquisition of Hoan, and another name change to “Lifetime Hoan Corporation”. Since June 2005 they have been “Lifetime Brands Inc.”.