- Pattern: Statue of Liberty Cats
- Made in USA
- Vintage: 1970’s – 1980’s
- Details: An absolutely wonderful ice bucket, and very hard to find item! This is from the Kliban Cats collection of cats drawn by Bernard “Hap” Kliban. This ice bucket is known as the Statue of Liberty Cats and shows Kliban’ s cats wearing their traditional red and white t-shirts. This item is extremely rare and much desired, it is very retro looking, anyone who remembers the 70’s will recognize these cats. Great conversation piece for your bar, cook-out or 4th of July celebration. Perfect gift for a collector!
- Material: Vinyl, Plastic
- Dimensions: 9.0 inches Tall, (including the lid), 7.75 inches in Diameter. Inside of the bucket is approx. 6.25 inches tall.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. There’s a small scratch on one of the cats, (photographed for you), otherwise it is in really good vintage condition. Acceptable signs of use/wear/age. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. All Sales Final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Bernard “Hap” Kliban was born January 1, 1935 in Norwalk, CT. He spent time painting and traveling in Europe before moving to California, where he lived in San Francisco, CA. In 1962, Kliban became a Playboy cartoonist, while at Playboy he made enough money to move to Marin County, CA in 1967. Once, the Playboy cartoon editor visited his studio, and after seeing his cat drawings, thought he should make a book of them. Long story short, he published his first book in 1975, called simply “Cat”. Several other books followed and, as with all well-loved cartoon characters, merchandise deals rolled in. Interesting side note, Kliban kept contributing cartoons to Playboy until his early death (he was only 55 years old), in August of 1990. His second wife, Judith Kamman Kliban, (later Bixby), a resident of Marin County, CA., owns all copyright, trademark and other rights to Kliban Cats.