- Pattern: Spiny Lobster
- Made in Portugal
- Vintage: 1960’s (estimated)
- Details: Folks that collect Majolica are really onto something, these pieces are truly a work of art! Before we get much further we need to mention that this lobster has a broken leg. Depending on where you’d like to display it, and for what purpose, it may be okay, but if you’re a serious Majolica collector, this piece is not for you, and why it’s listed at such a reduced price. This lobster is sitting on a bed of sand, surrounded by seaweed and mussels. The colors are so gorgeous, deep blues, greens, mustard yellow and of course the pink on the lobster. It has a sticker on the back that reads: “J. Willfred a Division of the Charles Sadek Import Company Inc., Made in Portugal”. There are no pre-drilled holes so you will need a plate hanger or stand to display it. It has some felt pieces on the back to protect the wall and/or table. This is a heavy piece, our price already includes the ever increasing shipping fees.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Dimension: 8.0 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Poor Condition. The lobster has one broken leg, (bottom right). Otherwise, the piece is in perfect condition.
- Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
J. Willfred is a division of Andrea by Sadek. Andrea by Sadek was founded in 1936 by Charles and Norman Sadek and it is still family owned. It is also known as Charles Sadek Import Company and they are headquartered in New Rochelle, New York. Charles named the company Andrea in honor of his daughter, who is still involved in the design of their products. After WWII Norman Sadek started trade with Japan an inspired Japanese factories to produce higher quality products. You can still find, if rarely, Andrea by Sadek products in the market with the stamp “Occupied Japan”. Sadek is a leader in the gift and tableware industry, they have beautiful porcelain products such as: flowers, birds and other figurines, as well as salt and pepper shakers, tea sets and tea accessories, lamps, dinnerware and much more. Sadly in November, 2010, Norman Sadek passed away. Today his son Jim, along with his wife, and Norman’s daughters Andrea and Lauren, all run the company.