- Pattern: R. Carman “Country Flowers”
- Made in: Arques, France by Arc International
- Vintage: 1970’s – 1980’s
- Details: Great vintage set of glass canning style jars / canisters. This set is decorated with bright, colorful flowers signed by R. Carman. They are French glass, made by Arc International to match the Arcopal dinnerware set (another brand from Arc International), called Country Flowers (we have also seen it as Summer Flowers, but several French dealers selling this pattern call it Country Flowers). There are 3 different sizes, the large is 2 LT, the medium is 1.5 LT and the small is 1 LT capacity. These have those wonderful metal hinge lids with rubber gaskets, however, the gaskets need to be replaced, two don’t have them and the one that has it, is cracked from age/use and should definitely be replaced. They are marked on the lid: “France”. These are heavy and will need a lot of packaging to get to you safely, our price already includes shipping so no surprises at checkout. Excellent vintage kitchen decor, pretty for Summer displays and makes a great gift!
- Material: Glass
- Dimensions: Large: 2 Liter size, approx. 10.0 inches Tall and 4.5 inches in Diameter. Medium: 1.5 Liter size, approx. 8.5 inches Tall and 4.0 inches in Diameter. Small: 1 Liter size, approx. 6.0 inches Tall and 3.5 inches in Diameter.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. It’s hard to find something wrong with these jars, we did photograph a flower that has a small scratch. They didn’t get an Excellent because they are needing new rubber gaskets/seals. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (CONTINENTAL US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Arc International was founded in 1825 by a Frenchman called Alexander des Lyons de Noircarm in 1825 in the village of Arques in northern France. From 1897 onward, the company was dominated by the Durand family, who eventually purchased the firm entirely in 1926. Today, the family continues to be the sole proprietors. Through the years they have grown, they’ve invented different types of glass and expanded their lines and brands which include: Luminarc (launched in 1948) and the oldest brand currently sold by Arc, Arcoroc (launched in 1963), Cristal d’Arques (launched in Europe in 1968), Chef & Sommelier (launched in 2008), and Arcopal (1958). They have bought and sold many other brands like Pyrex (from 2005 – 2014) and even owned Mikasa from 2000-2008.