- Pattern: Yellow Canary 8627
- Made in: Japan
- Vintage: 1980’s
- Details: What a beautiful figurine!! We are in awe of the quality and detail on this figurine. This is part of an enormous collection of bird figurines from Andrea by Sadek, all delightful, all high quality. This one is a yellow canary, of which they have several, the colors are realistic, the expression adorable. This one has it’s beak open, as if singing, and we all know what a beautiful sound that is! This canary is perched on a branch and has a pink either passion flower or maybe it’s a simple five petal rose with its green leaves. The bottom is stamped: “Canary by Andrea 8627”. If you’re trying to collect all the canaries, or a few of the birds, we hope this piece brings you closer to your goal. If you’re simply looking for an accent piece for your home bookshelf, or side table, this one will be a wonderful addition. Would also make a thoughtful gift for a hostess, mother’s day present, or a dear friend who loves birds.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 5.5 inches Tall, approx. 5.0 inches Wide (tail feather to outermost leaf) Foot is 3.0 inches in Diameter. The bird alone is 5.5 inches from beak to tail feather.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition, there is one tiny chip on a flower petal, you have to really look for it to find it. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we cannot accept returns. All Sales Final. Please remember these are USED items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Andrea by Sadek was founded in 1936 by Charles and Norman Sadek and it is still family owned. It is also known as Charles Sadek Import Company and they are headquartered in New Rochelle, New York. Charles named the company Andrea in honor of his daughter, who is still involved in the design of their products. After WWII Norman Sadek started trade with Japan an inspired Japanese factories to produce higher quality products. You can still find, if rarely, Andrea by Sadek products in the market with the stamp “Occupied Japan”. Sadek is a leader in the gift and tableware industry, they have beautiful porcelain products such as: flowers, birds and other figurines, as well as salt and pepper shakers, tea sets and tea accessories, lamps, dinnerware and much more. Sadly in November, 2010, Norman Sadek passed away. Today his son Jim, along with his wife, and Norman’s daughters Andrea and Lauren, all run the company. Their team of product development, designers, researchers and buyers, uses its vast resource of factories throughout the world to bring together a collection that remains, as it has for decades, unsurpassed by any other source. The porcelain collections, while rooted in tradition, presents many contemporary design elements, and so reaches the hearts and homes of each new generation of consumers.