- Pattern: Baby Bird Collection, Bluejay 6350
- Made in: Japan
- Vintage: 1985
- Details: Such a sweet baby bird figurine! It is part of a large collection of baby birds by Andrea by Sadek, all delightful, all high quality. This one is the baby Bluejay, the colors are realistic, the expression adorable. This canary is perched on a rock and has a yellow flower with green leaves on the bottom. The figurine is on a real wood base which has felt pads to protect your furniture. The back is embossed with the name “Andrea”. If you’re trying to collect all the baby birds, we hope this piece brings you closer to your goal. If you’re simply looking for an accent piece for a bookshelf, curio, or side table, this one will be a wonderful addition. Would also make a wonderful gift, thinking a hostess, Mother’s day, Easter or a dear friend who loves birds.
- Material: Bisque Porcelain
- Dimensions: 4.25 inches Tall, the little bird by itself is approx. 3.75 inches Long. Wood Base: 3.25 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches or any other issues on this piece. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Andrea by Sadek was founded in 1936 by Charles and Norman Sadek and it is still family owned. It is also known as Charles Sadek Import Company and they are headquartered in New Rochelle, New York. Charles named the company Andrea in honor of his daughter, who is still involved in the design of their products. After WWII Norman Sadek started trade with Japan an inspired Japanese factories to produce higher quality products. You can still find, if rarely, Andrea by Sadek products in the market with the stamp “Occupied Japan”. Sadek is a leader in the gift and tableware industry, they have beautiful porcelain products such as: flowers, birds and other figurines, as well as salt and pepper shakers, tea sets and tea accessories, lamps, dinnerware and much more. Sadly in November, 2010, Norman Sadek passed away. Today his son Jim, along with his wife, and Norman’s daughters Andrea and Lauren, all run the company. Their team of product development, designers, researchers and buyers, uses its vast resource of factories throughout the world to bring together a collection that remains, as it has for decades, unsurpassed by any other source. The porcelain collections, while rooted in tradition, presents many contemporary design elements, and so reaches the hearts and homes of each new generation of consumers.