- Pattern: A Mother’s Work is Never Done
- Vintage: 1988
- Details: This is such a cute collector’s plate! It is part of a collection from Avon’s Fine Collectibles of dated Mother’s Day plates that ran from 1981 to 2009. The design shows a girl playing with her toys, she has a doll in a wooden crib, a teddy bear in her arms and a cute white plush puppy on the floor. The colors are soft pastels giving it a country / farmhouse feel and the plate is rimmed in gold. The front of the plate reads: “A Mother’s Work is Never Done, Mother’s Day 1988”. The plate is also stamped on the back: “A Mother’s Work is Never Done, CAUTION Plate for decorative purpose only, DO NOT USE FOR SERVING FOOD“. It also has the Avon Fine Collectibles logo. This one has its original box and plastic plate stand, both are in great condition, perfect for gift giving. Great addition to your own collection, Mother’s Day decor, as part of a vignette or wall decor. We hope you enjoy it no matter where you place it.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: Plate: 5.0 inches in Diameter. Box: 5.25 x 5.25
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no scratches, chips or other defects on this piece, box is also in good condition. PLEASE REVIEW ALL PICTURES BEFORE PURCHASING. ALL SALES FINAL. Please remember these USED items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
For more than 80 years, Avon has been selling health and beauty products, personal care, jewelry, perfumes, clothing, and many other items. Sometimes they package their products in beautiful decanters and other glassware that have become a favorite of collectors. In the mid 1960’s, Avon began producing novelty containers for perfumes and colognes. Collectors loved the new products, and Avon began creating more collectibles to draw in their customers. Avon started selling dinnerware, glasses and other home items starting in 1975 with the ruby red 1876 Cape Cod Collection. That collection was so successful that Avon has continued releasing different glassware, giftware and dinnerware collections for many years.