- Pattern: English Garden by Andrea by Sadek
- Made in: China
- Not Vintage: 2006 – 2009
- Details: A very beautiful oval decorative plate. This is part of a set of 4 decorative plates, all featuring a different flower. This plate features the “Viola”, also known as “Johnny Jump Ups” or “Wild Pansies”. The center decor shows two sprigs of violas in blue and yellow with green leaves and brown branches on a white background. The verge has a beautiful gold design and it’s bordered in a very thick yellow band. The rim is ruffled creating a beautiful affect and it is rimmed in gold. The bowl retains its original gold sticker which reads: “Andrea by Sadek, Made in China”. There is an additional sticker that reads “NOT FOR FOOD USE. ARTICLE MAY POISON THE FOOD. FOR DECORATIVE PURPOSE ONLY. Sadek also has the English Garden pattern in tableware for food use but those plates look a bit different. *Although it appears Vintage, it was inspired by a 19th century English dinnerware owned by Sadek family’s private collection, we saw this collection featured in a June 2006 article in Cincinnati Escape Magazine, under “home trends”. If you’re trying to collect all four, we hope this piece gets you closer to your goal. If you’ve broken this one and are looking for a replacement, this plate is in perfect condition. This piece would make a beautiful addition on a wall in a dinning room, girl’s bedroom or even in a powder room. Would also look nice on a side table by itself.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 11.0 inches Long and 8.5 inches Wide (at its widest point)
- Condition: Used. Excellent condition, no chips or cracks, or scratching, looks hardly used at all, probably used only for display. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are USED items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Andrea by Sadek was founded in 1936 by Charles and Norman Sadek and it is still family owned. It is also known as Charles Sadek Import Company and they are headquartered in New Rochelle, New York. Charles named the company Andrea in honor of his daughter, who is still involved in the design of their products. After WWII Norman Sadek started trade with Japan an inspired Japanese factories to produce higher quality products. You can still find, if rarely, Andrea by Sadek products in the market with the stamp “Occupied Japan”. Sadek is a leader in the gift and tableware industry, they have beautiful porcelain products such as: flowers, birds and other figurines, as well as salt and pepper shakers, tea sets and tea accessories, lamps, dinnerware and much more. Sadly in November, 2010, Norman Sadek passed away. Today his son Jim, along with his wife, and Norman’s daughters Andrea and Lauren, all run the company.