- Pattern: Unknown
- Made in USA, Newark, Ohio by Heisey
- Vintage: 1920’s – 1940’s
- Description: This is such an elegant syrup dispenser! The glass is beautifully edged with what looks like a Butterfly or a Moth in flight, surrounded by vines, on top and bottom. The piece is etched all around, same pattern on both sides. The shape of this pitcher is very nice, it has a “bell” shape that widens towards the bottom. It has a metal lid with a spring-hinged design which we believe Heisey held a patent on. The metal lid is possibly chromium or nickle plated and it is showing some wear. On each side of the spout, there is an embossed “H” inside a triangle, which is the Heisey logo. It is a heavy piece for its size, the handle is also thick glass, beautiful piece. Although it is meant for serving syrup, it could also be used as a creamer, as a cruet for salad dressing and for many other sauces, both sweet and savory. Would enhance any buffet table. Great as a hostess gift.
- Material: Glass and Metal
- Dimensions: 4.25 inches Tall, if you include the metal “clip” on top, it is 4.74 inches Tall. The bottom is 3 3/8 inches in Diameter, the top opening is approx 2.0 inches in Diameter. It is approx 4.25 inches Wide from spout to handle.
- Condition: Vintage- Used. Excellent condition. The metal lid is showing some wear and pitting, but still in great shape and works perfectly. There are no cracks, scratches or chips on the glass, very light wear. There is no cloudiness, its crystal clear. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ’s for exceptions.
A. H. Heisey was founded by Augustus H. Heisey, a German immigrant, in 1896 in Newark, Ohio. Augustus had worked for Ripley and Company, a glass manufacturer, and was also a trained glass blower. As he gained experience, he decided to build his own glass factory. A. H. Heisey died in 1922, then his son, Wilson Heisey, took on the role of leading the company. When Wilson died, in 1942, T. Clarence Heisey became the company’s new president. During it’s most prosperous time, Heisey employed almost seven hundred people. The company closed in December 1957 and sold all their assets to the Imperial Glass Company. They continued to produce some of Heisey’s items until 1984 when Imperial went bankrupt.