- Pattern: Lace Edge aka Old Colony (Discontinued)
- Made in USA by Anchor Hocking
- Vintage: 1959 – 1976
- Details: This bowl from Anchor Hocking in their “Lace Edge” pattern is so pretty! Not only pretty but very versatile, from table use to home decor it really fits anywhere. This bowl can be used to showcase pretty potpourri, with chocolate eggs and paper grass at Easter, dried leaves and pine cones in the Fall, candles and ornaments at Christmas time, lemons or fruits in the kitchen, really sets your creativity on fire. We’ve also seen these used as bridal and baby shower decor. It’s a much loved pattern that goes with many different looks/styles.
- Material: Milk Glass
- Dimensions: 9.5 inches in Diameter, 2.5 inches Tall
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent condition. There are no chips, cracks, or scratches. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
Anchor Hocking has a very long and complicated history going back to 1905. Here is a very brief synopsis of this long lived American manufacturer. The company was started by Isaac J. Collins and six friends who raised $8,000 to buy the Lancaster Carbon Company in Lancaster, Ohio. The company, named for the Hocking River that is near where the plant was located, made and sold approximately $20,000 worth of glassware in the first year. In 1924 a tremendous fire reduced the company to ashes but Mr. Collins and his associates raised funding to build another plant (Plant 1). The new plant was specifically designed for the production of glassware. Later in that same year, the company also purchased controlling interest in the Lancaster Glass Company (later called Plant 2) and the Standard Glass Manufacturing Company with plants in Bremen and Canal Winchester, Ohio. In 1929 the stock market crashed and so did the country’s economy, however, this company survived by developing a 15-mold machine that could produce 90 pieces of blown glass per minute. This allowed the company to sell tumblers “two for a nickel” and survive the great depression while others went out of business. Hocking Glass Company entered the glass container business in 1931 with the purchase of 50% of the General Glass Company, which in turn acquired Turner Glass Company of Winchester, Indiana. Anchor Hocking Glass Corporation came into existence on December 31, 1937 when the Anchor Cap and Closure Corporation and its subsidiaries merged with the Hocking Glass Company. The word “Glass” was dropped from the company’s name in 1969 because the company had evolved into an international company with an infinite product list. They entered the plastic market in 1968 with the acquisition of Plastics Incorporated in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Newell Corporation acquired the Anchor Hocking Corporation on 2 July 1987. In 2012 Anchor Hocking merged with Oneida and created EveryWare Global. EveryWare Global filed for bankruptcy in 2015. EveryWare Global was renamed The Oneida Group in 2017 and it’s the current owner of Anchor Hocking brand.