- Pattern: “America on the Move” Collection
- Made by Avon
- Vintage: 1980’s
- Details: This is a set of two whiskey/rock glasses from the “America on the Move” collection by Avon. The original set had four glasses, we are offering two: the “US Mail Plane” (D.H.4 Bi-Plane originally designed in 1916 for WWI) and “The General” (a Confederate steam locomotive built in 1855). There’s a little bit of history on the back of each glass. They are trimmed in 22KT gold so Hand Wash is necessary to maintain condition. The glasses have a simple shape, they are heavy bottomed and feel substantial in your hands. If you’ve broken one or are missing these two glasses in your collection, this is a great opportunity to complete the set. Great gift for history lovers, as man-cave decor, or study/library, or bar decor. If you are an Avon collector, this will make a very nice addition to your growing collection.
- Material: Glass
- Dimensions: Each Glass is: 4 1/8 inches Tall, 3 1/8 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage-Used. Excellent Condition. There are no scratches, chips or other defects on any of these pieces, look like they were never used. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT NEW. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
For more than 80 years, Avon has been selling health and beauty products, personal care, jewelry, perfumes, clothing, and many other items. Sometimes they package their products in beautiful decanters and other glassware that have become a favorite of collectors. In the mid 1960’s, Avon began producing novelty containers for perfumes. Collectors loved the new products, and Avon began creating more collectibles to draw in their customers. Avon started selling dinnerware, glasses and other home items starting in 1975 with the ruby red 1876 Cape Cod Collection. That collection was so successful that Avon continued releasing different glassware collections for many years.