- Pattern: Davidson Dome Flower Block/Support
- Made in: England
- Vintage: 1931
- Details: These floral frogs, originally called flower blocks or flower supports, are gaining popularity again, they almost disappeared when floral foam showed up as the easier, and much lighter, option for arranging flowers. But these are so beautiful, they are back in style, both as floral frogs and as vintage collectibles too! This one is almost an Antique and in perfect condition!. It is amber glass made by George Davidson & Company (today better known simply as Davidson Glass), and it’s part of their Dome Flower Block collection which they received 3 different patents for the design. This is patent 3829 received in 1931, with the holes that go right through the base, not all frogs had this feature. With a thick (and very heavy) glass and all these wonderful holes, it sparkles and shines like fancy crystal! Our price already includes the ever increasing shipping fees. Display them on their own, use them as paper weights, they can even hold pencils or make-up brushes. Wonderful when grouped together as a collection!
- Materials: Glass
- Dimensions: 3.0 inches in Diameter, 2.5 inches Tall. Has 19 holes.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or other defects on this piece, except as acceptable due to age/use/wear. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise stated. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Davidson Glass was originally called Teams Flint Glass Works. Founded by George Davidson in 1867, later became known as George Davidson & Co. In 1937, after the last Davidson to own the company, Thomas Davidson passed away, his nephew Claude Fraser took over the company. In 1966 they were taken over by Abrahams and renamed Brama Teams Glassworks. That company closed in 1987. Davidson Glass produced many kinds of glass, received several patents and is well known for their malachite/slag glass, and their Pearline range.