- Pattern: Unknown, Oriental Birds
- Made in: China
- Vintage: 1970’s – 1980’s
- Details: Such a beautiful porcelain egg! It has oriental birds, perhaps peacocks or pheasants, in a lush garden with lots of flowers, trees, gilding and moriage. The same design is in front and back, on the sides there are flying red crowned cranes within golden clouds, just beautiful!! This piece is stamped on the bottom: “Satsuma Made in China” so we know it’s not legitimate Satsuma (original Satsuma pottery was made by Korean prisoners captured by Japan rulers in the late 1500’s, this piece is not even late period Japanese Satsuma from the late 1800’s, this is simply an export piece made in China for the masses, but beautiful in its own right). Would make a great addition on a bookshelf or desk. Did you know that Red Crowned Cranes symbolize Longevity and Good Fortune? Because of this symbolism, and the two regal birds in the larger image, we think this would make a great gift for a wedding or even retirement. Perfect for an Oriental decor lover!
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 4.5 inches Tall, 3.5 inches in Diameter (at its widest point)
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches or any other damage on this piece except as acceptable for normal age/use/wear. Stand pictured not included. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we cannot accept returns. All Sales Final. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Egg, Hand Painted Oriental Birds Moriage, Satsuma Style, Vintage
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 8 in|