- Pattern: Bridal with Decal H (or G) 1700 – (Discontinued)
- Made in East Liverpool, Ohio, USA
- Antique: 1871 – 1910 (estimated)
- Details: This is a very old, very beautiful shaving mug made by Homer Laughlin. It is very elegant, with gold flowers all around on a white background. If you’re familiar with Homer Laughlin, you know they named the ceramic shapes and then added different decals for decoration. This was an unnamed porcelain pattern, but it’s known as the “Bridal Shape”, here with a gold floral decal we know to be either H-1700 or G-1700. Several facts led us to dating this piece: This piece is simply stamped “Homer Laughlin”, we know Laughlin didn’t start marking their wares with the manufacturing date and/or shape names until 1911-12, this piece has neither. We know Homer Laughlin started in 1871 so it can’t be earlier than that. This mug was most likely sold as part of a vanity/toiletry set that included a wash basin and pitcher, a chamber pot with lid, (yep, that’s what it was for), smaller pitchers, soap dishes, a hair receiver dish, and other bowls and containers, which were used during the Victorian era (1837 – 1901). Just what every aristocratic family, and high society brides, had to have in their private chambers. This is not dishwasher safe, must Hand Wash to maintain condition.
- Material: Ceramic
- Dimensions: 4.25 inches Tall, approx. 5.0 inches Wide (including the handle), and 3.75 inches in Diameter (top opening).
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Antique Condition. This is in very good condition, considering its age. There is lots of crazing, some staining, but no chips or cracks, we really find no issues, again, considering its age, even the gold floral decal is holding up well. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. All Sales Final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Homer Laughlin China Company was started by brothers. Homer and Shakespeare Laughlin in 1871 as Laughlin Pottery in East Liverpool, Ohio. Due to rapid growth, in 1903 they opened a second location in Newell, West Virginia, by 1920 all production has been moved to Newell and the Ohio plant was abandoned. Homer Laughlin is best known for producing the very popular “Fiesta” line of dinnerware. The company is still in production and still manufactures all its wears in the USA, actually, the is in that very same Newell location, it’s the home of the HCL Inc. family of companies that includes Hall China.