- Pattern: Phinney Walker Travel Alarm Clock
- Made in Japan
- Vintage: 1950’s – 1960’s
- Details: Such a great looking little clock! It was manufactured in Japan for the Phinney Walker Company, (see below for some history on this co.). It has a wonderful Mid Century look and the much loved radium face, you know, the little green dots and hands that glow at night, super cool! Great retro style numbers, the case seem to be faux leather, feels more like plastic, and the brass looking pieces seem to be metal, not real brass. We tried setting the alarm and it worked perfectly, clock works too, wonderful ticking sound when wound. Great piece for a collector, or for bedside or bookshelf.
- Materials: Metal, Plastic
- Dimensions: Opened: 3.0 inches Tall, 3.0 inches Wide and 3.0 inches Deep. Closed: 1.5 inches Tall, and 3 x 3 square.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Vintage Condition. Both clock and alarm work. Please review all pictures before purchasing and make sure you love this item, we cannot accept returns. All Sales Final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Phinney-Walker Co. was founded in the early 1900’s in New York. They started manufacturing automobile clocks but by the 1930’s they had become more of a marketing company and were no longer making their own clocks. They started outsourcing all the manufacturing to clock makers in German, Japan, Switzerland and even the USA. They were well known in the 1950’s and ran large advertising campaigns for their travel alarm clocks. There is no specific date listed but we believe they closed around the 1970’s.