- Pattern: Blue Jasperware – Amphitrite
- Made in England
- Not Vintage: 2002
- Details: This plate needs no introduction, it is the timeless pattern from Wedgwood called Jasperware. Jasperware was made in several colors including Cobalt Blue, Lavender, Green and perhaps others, this powdery blue is the most popular with collectors. We believe the woman at the center of this plate is Amphitrite, the goddess-queen of the sea, wife of Poseidon, and eldest of the fifty Nereides. She was the female personification of the sea, mother of fish, seals and dolphins, here you see her on a shell chariot led by dolphins. The plate is beautifully bordered in grape leaves, rosettes and bows in white relief porcelain. Embossed on the blue porcelain is the year “2002”. Never put this in the dishwasher, hand wash only. This piece is stamped on the back: “Wedgwood, Made in England”. A great collector’s piece to be displayed on a mantel, shelf or curio. These plates make pretty accents with blue and white decor. We offer a 15% discount on the purchase of 2 Jasperware pieces, 20% with the purchase of 3 or more pieces of Jasperware. Please Contact Us, let us know which pieces you’re interested in, your email address, and we’ll send you a discount code.
- Material: Unglazed Vitreous Stoneware
- Dimensions: 7.0 inches in Diameter.
- Condition: Vintage Used. Excellent Condition. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Decorative Plate, Blue Jasperware, Wedgwood, Amphitrite, 2002
|Dimensions||11 × 11 × 4 in|