- Pattern: The Journey Home – 5th Issue
- Made by: Edwin M. Knowles China Company
- Vintage: 1987
- Details: This is a Registered Collector’s Plate – Number : 84-R70-8.5. One of the rarest Norman Rockwell’s paintings. “The Journey Home” is the 5th Issue in “Rockwell’s Colonials” Plate Series from Knowles. Excellent quality. See below for some brief information on this much loved artist. Great gift for someone who’s moving to a new home, or for a Rockwell collector.
- Material: Fine China/Porcelain
- Dimensions: 9 inches in diameter
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. No chips, cracks or scratches. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are not new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear, and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping fees based on your location.
Edwin M. Knowles entered the pottery business after receiving his education at Allegheny College and Harvard University. He took control of the Potters Supply Company of East Liverpool, Ohio in 1890. By 1900, he became founder and president of the Knowles China Company, which soon changed its name to the Edwin M. Knowles China Co.
Norman Rockwell was born on February 3, 1894. He was an American author, painter and illustrator. His works reflected the American culture of the time and continue to be loved today by many. He became best known for his cover illustrations of everyday life he created for the magazine, The Saturday Evening Post, but he also painted portraits of several presidents, illustrated books and calendars. Over his lifetime he produced more than 4,000 original works that have been reproduced in mugs, plates, posters and many other items bare his paintings and illustrations. He died on November 8, 1978.