- Pattern: Christmastime (Discontinued)
- Made in: Japan by NIKKO
- Not Vintage: 1991 – 2014
- Details: A really beautiful set of four porcelain accent salad plates that’s sure to bring cheer to your holiday table. Although they are not vintage, we felt they were beautiful and appropriate for the season and you would enjoy them. The plates are octagonal and depict Christmas time scenes. They are part of the entire Christmastime set from NIKKO that includes the usual plates and cups but also serving bowls, platters, pitchers, candle holders, linens, and even a little bell. There are a total of four salad plates each with a different design. The plates are stamped in the back: “Christmastime NikKo Japan”. Salad plates are one of the easiest ways to change a table setting, these could be used with solid color dinner plates or even another Christmas set that has a decorated border. Could also be used alone for a light lunch or as dessert plates. These plates are heavy, pricing already includes shipping fees, no surprises at check-out. If you’ve been collecting this Christmas set and you’ve been looking for the salad plates, we hope this is brings you joy. Otherwise, if you’re simply looking for pretty plates to add to your holiday table, these will not disappoint.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Dimension: 8.25 inches Wide
- Condition: Never Used. Excellent Condition. However, they all have minor manufacturing defects, (like small circles on the back side). Otherwise, these plates have never been used, there are no cracks, chips, or scratches. They still retain the store sticker, looks like they were $20 each in the 1990’s. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are USED items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise stated. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
NIKKO is a Japanese manufacturer of fine ceramics, known for its tableware products. It was founded in 1908 in Kanazawa, Ishikawa by Lord Maeda and other local nobles. The Maeda lords especially fostered arts and crafts, and made Kanazawa a cultural center like Tokyo and Kyoto. Originally they sold ironstone ceramics and became well known. After WWII NIKKO products were spreading into Japanese homes and by the 1970’s they had broadened their line. Western materials such as bone china were introduced and developed using Nikko’s own advanced technologies. Today all aspects of production from glaze formulation to mould making are manufactured in-house by Nikko’s team of craftspeople. The resulting pieces are some of the finest quality ceramics in Japan. For more than 100 years they have produced tableware for fine retail stores, as well as for leading hotels and restaurants worldwide. Today they are regarded as a market leader in fine bone china production. NIKKO is the only manufacturer in Japan still producing the much loved Blue Willow pattern, which they call ““Sansui”, and it’s their most famous pattern.