- Pattern: Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Not Vintage: 1993
- Made in Thailand
- Details: This is a very cute ornament from the adorable Precious Moments Collection. It is called “Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays”, something we all need to remember in this hurried-up world. This is part of the Birthday Series. It’s a cute little turtle all dressed up for Christmas with a Santa hat and Reindeer antlers. It’s carrying a gift box all wrapped with a pretty pink bow and it dated 1993. The ornament is stamped on the bottom: “1993 Precious Moments Inc. All Rights Reserved, Licensed Enesco Corp. 520489”. It also has a sticker that reads: “Thailand”. It retains its original box but it’s not in great condition, best for storage but not for gift giving. This also includes the original tag that talks about Sam Butcher, the creator or Precious Moments. Great addition to your Precious Moments Ornament Collection.
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimensions: Ornament: 2.5 inches Tall, approx. 2.5 inches Wide. Box: 3.25 inches Tall, 3.25 inches Long and 2 inches Deep
- Condition: Used. Ornament is in Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or other damage on this ornament. Box is in average condition. It is faded and has a torn piece, sturdy enough for storage. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are USED items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise stated. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Sam Butcher demonstrated artistic talent at an early age. Encouraged by his mother, he pursued formal art training right after high school. Later he began drawing the endearing teardrop-eyed children he called “Precious Moments,” as gifts for family and friends. Precious Moments was started in the early 1970’s when Sam and his friend Bill Biel, decided to start a small company to produce his Precious Moments art under the name “Jonathan & David, originally selling only greeting cards and posters. They introduced Precious Moments to the public in 1975. Sam and Bill took their goods to the annual Christian Booksellers Association Convention in Anaheim and retailers went crazy with this new line. Those became very popular and not long after Enesco approached Sam with an idea to develop a three-dimensional figurine based on his artwork. The original 21 Precious Moments figurines were introduced to the public in 1978 and as they say, the rest is history. There are now over 1,500 pieces of Precious Moments.