- Pattern: White Sundblom Santa
- Made in USA
- Not Vintage: 1999
- Details: Highly Collectible Coca Cola bell shaped drinking glasses / tumblers. This design is getting harder and harder to find. This is the much loved Santa Claus image created by Haddon Sundblom back in the 1930’s for Coca Cola and still being used today. The images on these glasses are done in white and frost. They feature Santa enjoying a bottle of Coke and lots of snowflakes all around. The back has the Coca Cola logo, very simple, very nice. They are marked on the bottom with “IG”. Perfect for use during the holidays, as bar and bar cart decor.
- Materials: Glass
- Dimensions: 6.0 inches Tall and 3.0 inches in Diameter at the top opening and 2.0 inches in Diameter at the bottom.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. One only glass has a bit of paint loss on the bottom band, otherwise, there are no cracks, chips, or scratches on any of these glasses except as acceptable due to age/use/wear. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Haddon Hubbard “Sunny” Sundblom was born in Muskegon, MI on June 22, 1899. The son of Scandinavian immigrants, he studied at the American Academy of Art. Sundblom is best remembered for his advertising work, including the Santa Claus images he did for Coca Cola from 1931 to 1964. Unfortunately his images of jolly old St Nick became so popular that we forget how important his contribution to advertisement was. He is considered one of the most important producers of popular advertising imagery of the 20th century. It is said that besides Norman Rockwell, Sundblom defined the American Dream in pictures. Some of his other work you may be familiar with include: Quaker Oats man, the romanticized couples on Cashmere Bouquet ads. He also did the pin-ups for Coca Cola, those ladies from the 40’s and 50’s always enjoying a bottle of Coca Cola, the Sprite Boy, and many works for just about every single Fortune 500 company of the time. Sunny died on March 10, 1976.