- Pattern: Santa Claus by Haddon “Sunny” Sunblom
- Made in Ohio, USA
- Vintage: 1983
- Details: This is nostalgia at its best! These much loved images of Santa Claus were created by Haddon Sunblom for Coca Cola and they’ve become the most accepted image of good old Santa in the USA. This set of 5 tin coasters were given away by Coca Cola bottlers during the holidays. These are NOS (New Old Stock), never used, found in a Coke warehouse in Ohio. We have 3 sets of 5, if you would like all 15 coasters, please Contact Us for a 20% discount. Great for your next holiday party, pretty to use on the bar during the holiday season.
- Material: Tin
- Dimensions: 3.5 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage – NOS. Excellent Condition. Never been used. Please note: we have 3 sets of 5 coasters, one of the sets has a discolored coaster, we have pictured it for you. We will sell the perfect ones first, the last set purchased will include the discolored coaster. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise stated. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Haddon Hubbard “Sunny” Sundblom was born in Muskegon, MI on June 22, 1899. The son of Scandinavian immigrants, he studied at the American Academy of Art. Sundblom is best remembered for his advertising work, including the Santa Claus images he did for Coca Cola from 1931 to 1964. Unfortunately his images of jolly old St Nick became so popular that we forget how important his contribution to advertisement was. He is considered one of the most important producers of popular advertising imagery of the 20th century. It is said that besides Norman Rockwell, Sundblom defined the American Dream in pictures. Some of his other work you may be familiar with include: Quaker Oats man, the romanticized couples on Cashmere Bouquet ads. He also did the pin-ups for Coca Cola, those ladies from the 40’s and 50’s always enjoying a bottle of Coca Cola, the Sprite Boy, and many works for just about every single Fortune 500 company of the time. Sunny died on March 10, 1976.