- Pattern: “Silent Night” by Artist Betsey Bates
- Vintage: 1979
- Made in USA by The World Book Encyclopedia Inc.
- Details: This is a fine porcelain collector’s plate in a series of Christmas plates by artist Betsey Bates. This plate is titled: “Silent Night”, plate #2843A. There are few colors on this plates but the ones chosen are muted grays, browns with pops of red and make the scene come alive, just beautiful! Every plate in this collection features a different bird, this one has a Snow Owl. The plate is signed by the artist on the bottom. It has the original certificate of authenticity and it’s rimmed in 24K gold. There are no pre-drilled holes, you will need a plate hanger or stand to display it. This is a beautiful plate, would make a very nice decoration in Winter, at Christmas time, or as part of the whole collection year round. This is a country/farm scene, perfect gift for someone who loves the farmhouse or country decor style. We carry several plates of this collection and offer volume discounts, please browse our Decorative Plates selection.
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 9.5 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or crazing on this plate. The gold on the rim is in excellent condition as well, all around. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Betsey Bates was born in New York on November 29, 1924. She is an award winning artist and her original works sell for thousands of dollars. Through the years she has received prestigious awards such as: Philadelphia Art Directors Club, 1964; National Community Arts Program, Golden Disc, Beaver College, 1975; Best of Show award Norristown Borough (PA) Council of Arts, 1980. She is a member of the Plymouth Art Guild, Duxbury Art Association, and Cape Cod Art Association.