- Pattern: A Visit from St. Nicholas
- Vintage: 1992
- Made in USA
- Details: This is a fine porcelain collector’s plate in a series of 10 plates called “Victorian Christmas Memories” by artist John Grossman, this plate is titled: “A Visit from St. Nicholas”. This is the first plate in the collection which ran from 1992 – 1995. The firing was limited to only 28 days, this is plate #3800Y. There is so much vibrant color on this plate, and lots of Victorian images all around the border, in the center there is St Nicholas with two children. There are no pre-drilled holes, you will need a plate hanger or stand to display it. Still retains it’s “Made in USA” label. This is a beautiful plate, would make the perfect decoration within your Christmas decor. Great gift for a Victorian lover, or someone who loves the works of this artist.
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 8.0 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or crazing on this plate. The gold on the rim is in excellent condition as well. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
John Grossman was born in Des Moines, Iowa in 1932. In 1950 he received a scholarship to the Minneapolis School of Art and became a commercial artist in 1954 in San Francisco. He also studied in France, from 1956-58 at Cours de la Civilization Francaise at the Sorbonne. In 1966 he began to paint in oils, some of which were gifted by then President Ronald Reagan; one to the Empress of Japan and another to the President of Mexico. His love of Victorian art was passed down from his mother, she left him an extensive collection of Victorian greeting cards which ignited his passion for learning about Victorian cards. He founded The John Collection of Antique Images assembled 1974-2012, it is known as one of the greatest collections of ephemera in perhaps the entire world. He has more than 250,000 printed and handwritten paper artifacts produced between 1820-1920. He is co-author of A Victorian Scrapbook, Joy to the World, A Victorian Christmas, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas, all published by Workman. John Grossman passed away in Arizona on August 20th, 2016.