- Pattern: Spangled The Bear (Discontinued)
- Made in China
- Not Vintage: 1999
- Details: These beanie babies were loved back then are are still loved today. Beanie Babies became an unexpected run-away best seller and McDonald’s got in on the action. In 1996 McDonald’s released several different collections: RMHC, Dinosaur Trio, International Bears II, Legends, and The End. They were sold alongside McDonald’s Happy Meals to celebrate that product’s 17th anniversary. This is Spangled the bear, from the International Bears II Collection, he represents the USA with his cute red, white and blue outfit. This is a NOS item, never been used. The box has lots of information on the collections, dates, licensing information from TY, etc.. Please be aware these are “Teeny Original Beanie”, smaller than the original Beanie Babies, they make cute decor in a child’s room. Also would look great having several for a 4th of July table decoration or as part of a patriotic vignette. Great gift for a collector who may be missing this cute patriotic bear.
- Material: Fabric/Polyethylene pellets , Box: Paper/Plastic
- Dimensions: Bear: Approx. 5.0 inches tall, 3.0 inches wide. Box: 7.75 inches Long, 6.25 Tall and 1.75 inches Wide.
- Condition: Never Used – NOS. Excellent condition. These are new old stock, still in original box, never used. The box is in excellent condition too, although the plastic covering has yellowed with age. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before placing your order, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI, and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Spangled the Bear was introduced April 24, 1999, date of birth: June 14th, 1999. The box reads: “Stars and stripes he wears proudly. Everywhere he goes he says loudly. “Hip hip hooray, for the land of the free. There’s no place o earth I’d rather be!”
TY was started by Ty Warner in Oak Brook, IL, 1986. Today they’re a multi-national corporation still headquartered in Oak Brook. Although they manufacture many other toys, their call to fame are these Beanie Babies, first released in 1993. By the last half of the 1990’s, Beanie Babies had emerged as a major fad and collectible toy. Ty was the first business to leverage their Web site to connect and engage with consumers of their products and that led them to being the world’s first Internet sensation in 1995. These bears were collected not only as toys, but also as a financial investment, due to the high resale value of specific bears.