- Pattern: Birthday Angel Age 5
- Not Vintage: late 1990’s – early 2000
- Made in: China
- Details: This is such a sweet figurine! It’s from one of the most collected figurine series, “Birthday Angels” by Josef Originals. This sweet little girl is turning Five and she’s ready to celebrate with a pretty pastel in a green, almost a lemon yellow color dress, with gold trim on her waist, sleeves and collar. Being a little angel, she has pretty wings with lots of gold accents. She is holding a book, very appropriate since this is the age most children begin kindergarten. This figurine is embossed on the bottom: Josef Originals”. It also retains the original gold foil label that reads: “Made in China”. A wonderful birthday gift for a five year old, and a great time to start her own collection! Great for a new collector or as a replacement for a broken figurine.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 4.0 inches Tall, 3.5 inches Long (at its longest point), and approx. 2.75 inches Wide
- Condition: Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, no scratches, no damage. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. All sales final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
These figurines were designed by Muriel Joseph George during the end of World War II. (A misspelling by the label printer changed the name forever to Josef). Muriel’s first designs were produced between 1945 and 1962 in California before moving the manufacturing to Japan. Originally she made a large variety of items like: cats, dogs, elephants, kangaroos, birds but also children like these birthday angels, first communion, confirmation, sweet 16, bride and groom, and even some musical pieces. Muriel retired in 1981, the company was sold to George Good in 1983. In the mid 1980’s the company was sold to Applause (called Southland Corporation at the time). Applause filed for bankruptcy in 2004, so Josef Originals became part of Dakin. The Josef Originals name is now owned by Russ Bernie. Muriel passed away in 1992.