- Name: The Friendly Otter Family
- Made in California, USA
- Vintage: 1970’s
- Artist: K. Chin – Signed
- Details: This is a very sweet print titled “The Friendly Otter Family”, from artist K. Chin. It is signed, in ink on the white border lower right corner, as well as the original signature on the print. It also has a chop mark on the lower right corner. This piece features a family of otters floating among the kelp in beautiful aqua and teal blue waters. The detail is exceptional, from all the different tonalities in the water, to the hair and whiskers of the otters and the sweet look in their eyes. The same attention to detail that has made K. Chin’s work highly desired and collectible. This piece was produced in Northern California’s Carmel by the Sea. It will be shipped in rigid packaging.
- Material: Paper
- Dimension: 11 inches Wide and 14 inches Tall (Portrait layout)
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. There is one corner with a tiny fold, and the top border has some discoloration, however, neither would be visible once it’s framed. Due to its age, the paper is yellowing as acceptable due to age/use/wear. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. All sales final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
K. Chin was born in 1920 was born in Portland, Oregon. He was in active service during WWII, where he served as a mechanical draftsman with the US Air Corps. This is where he honed his skill at creating images with great detail. Chin did the illustrating for US Army magazine covers, American Legion, as well as Cue Magazine and Newsweek. After working in advertising, Chin, spent two years with Norcross Greeting Cards. Later he opened a gallery in New York City where he had exhibits in the 1960’s and 1970’s. He moved to Carmel by the Sea and opened a small wholesale business and gallery. In 1985 he suffered a stroke and the gallery was closed. He died in 1995. Interesting fact about K. Chin, he loved to draw unicorns and other mythical creatures.
Otters are carnivorous mammals in the subfamily Lutrinae. The 13 otter species are all semi-aquatic, aquatic or marine. Otters can live up to 16 years; they are by nature playful, and love to play and lounge in the water, commonly seen on their backs eating or carrying their pups. They also appear to engage in various behaviors just for fun. They’ve been seen making waterslides and then sliding on them into the water. They may also find and play with small stones. They eat mainly fish, but may sample frogs and birds.