- Pattern: Fiat 1899 and Daimler 1905
- Made in USA
- Vintage: Circa 1970’s.
- Details: These are a great piece of automobile history! Featuring some of the earliest cars, the Fiat 1899 and the Daimler 1905. These are decorative tiles mounted on oval wood pieces, with a decorative hook ready to hang. The back is pre-drilled with two holes for adding either wire or nails. These would be perfect in many different decor styles from traditional, country to farmhouse style, colonial, and even retro as they have that “70’s” look and feel. Perfect for a boy’s room, man-cave (same thing?). Makes a great gift for a car memorabilia collector.
- Materials: Tile, Wood and Metal (hardware).
- Dimensions: 10.25 inches Long, 5.5 inches Wide (at its widest point but not including metal hook). Less than 0.5 of an inch Tall
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. The tiles are in excellent condition, the wood has minor scratches and chips but barely noticeable, (SEE PICTURES), and acceptable due to age/use/wear. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. All sales final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
The Fiat 4 HP was the first model car produced by FIAT, from 1899 to 1900 based on a third party design by the Ceirano brothers. The Italian brothers, Giovanni, Ernesto and Matteo were influential in starting the Italian automotive industry. In July 1899, the brothers plant and patents were sold to Giovanni Agnelli who then produced the 4 HP, which became the first ever FIAT. The car’s top speed was 22 mph and it’s fuel consumption was 35 mpg. Fiat only made 24 of these cars, and there are at least four of them in existence today: 2 in Italy at the Automobile Museum of Turin and the Centro Storico Fiat, 1 in the UK at the National Motor Museum and 1 in the United States at the Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.
The Daimler Motor Company, was a British motor vehicle manufacturer founded H. J. Lawson in London in 1896. On 29 September 1888, if you can believe it, piano manufacturer William Steinway established the Daimler Motor Company on Long Island, New York, making Daimler the first European car manufacturer in the United States. This was two years before the birth of the automobile so they started with Steinway’s idea of stationary and marine engines. Steinway died in November 1896 so he never saw a car built. Daimler built their first car in 1905 called the “American Mercedes” passenger car. An interesting fact about Daimler, they were the first company awarded a Royal Warrant to provide cars to the British Monarch in 1902. The 1905-06 straight-four, side valve chain, was made the Royal car to the Prince of Wales, however in the 1950s they lost that privilege to Rolls-Royce. In 1960 Daimler became a division of Jaguar.