- Pattern: Kewpie Piano Sitter
- Vintage: 1950’s – 1960’s (estimated)
- Details: This is such a cute Kewpie doll! These sitting babies are call Piano Sitters, not sure why, most people don’t own pianos, but they can sit just about anywhere and still look super cute. The realism on the baby’s face and expressive eyes got us right away. After much research, we don’t believe this is an original Kewpie, although it has the characteristic sideways glance, it doesn’t have the mischievous smile that are the original traits of Kewpie dolls, but it has a sweet little mouth and the eyes beautifully painted! This one has an added plus, a real satin ribbon on its head, it has two small holes that the ribbon runs through, some say these are “powder shakers” but again, based on research, we think the holes are simply to add ribbon like this one has. Could it be used as a shaker? Absolutely! Remove the ribbon and add a stopper at the bottom and voilà, you have a shaker! We believe these were molds (moulds?) sold for people to paint their own. There were several different molds, this is the prettiest one we’ve seen by far of these molds. Great decor for a baby shower, baby’s room, New Baby gift, nice collectible too.
- Material: Bisque Porcelain
- Dimensions: Approx. 6.0 inches Tall, 3.5 inches Long (at its longest point) and 3.5 inches Wide (at its widest point).
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips or scratches or other defects on this piece. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we cannot accept returns. All Sales Final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Figurine, Kewpie Piano Sitter, Blue Wing, Porcelain with Hair Ribbon, Vintage
|Dimensions||9 × 9 × 9 in|