- Pattern: Birthday Angel – New Baby
- Vintage: 1989
- Made in: Korea
- Details: This is such a sweet figurine! It’s from one of the most collected figurine series, “Birthday Angels” by Josef Originals. This sweet little girl has just been born, she is a brand New Baby and a precious new member of her family. She is dressed in a off white dress, with a pink bowl and gold accents on her waist, sleeves and collar. Being a little angel, she has pretty white wings with lots of gold accents. She is holding a pink rattle with a pink ribbon tied in a bow that drapes over the front of her dress. The bottom of her skirt says New Baby and has lots of gold accents and pretty pink flowers. This figurine retains the original gold foil label that reads: “The Good Company, 1989, All Rights Reserved, Woodland Hills, CA 91367, Made in Korea, 660163”. George Good was a partner of Josef Originals and eventually purchased the company from Muriel. Read below for a very brief history of Josef Originals. This is a wonderful gift for a new mom, and the perfect time to start her own collection of birthday angels! Great for a new collector or as a replacement for a broken one. Pretty cake decoration for a baby shower!!
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 2.75 inches Tall, 2.0 inches Long (at its longest point), and approx. 2.0 inches Wide
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Vintage Condition. There is one tiny chip on the bow on top of her head and the gold on the word “Baby” on her skirt is a little worn. Otherwise, there are no scratches, no damage. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
These figurines were designed by Muriel Joseph George during the end of World War II. (A misspelling by the label printer changed the name forever to Josef). Muriel’s first designs were produced between 1945 and 1962 in California before moving the manufacturing to Japan. Originally she made a large variety of items like: cats, dogs, elephants, kangaroos, birds but also children like these birthday angels, first communion, confirmation, sweet 16, bride and groom, and even some musical pieces. Muriel retired in 1981, the company was sold to George Good in 1983. In the mid 1980’s the company was sold to Applause (called Southland Corporation at the time). Applause filed for bankruptcy in 2004, so Josef Originals became part of Dakin. The Josef Originals name is now owned by Russ Bernie. Muriel passed away in 1992.