- Pattern: Loving is Caring
- Vintage: 1989
- Details: This is such a cute collector’s plate! It is part of a collection from Avon’s “Fine Collectibles” of Mother’s Day theme plates that ran from 1981 to 2009. This is the one from 1989, with two little girls and a boy giving a cute dog a bath in a big wooden tub. The colors are very bright and cheerful on a white background and rimmed in gold. The front of the plate reads: “Loving is Caring, Mother’s Day 1989”. The plate is also stamped on the back: “Loving is Caring, CAUTION Plate for decorative purpose only, DO NOT USE FOR SERVING FOOD“. It also has the Avon Fine Collectibles logo. This one retains its original box and plastic plate stand, both are in great condition, perfect for gift giving. Great addition to your own collection, Mother’s Day decor, as part of a vignette. We hope you enjoy it no matter where you place it.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: Plate: 5.0 inches in Diameter. Box: 5.25 x 5.25
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Excellent Condition. There are no scratches, chips or other defects on this piece, box is also in good condition. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
For more than 80 years, Avon has been selling health and beauty products, personal care, jewelry, perfumes, clothing, and many other items. Sometimes they package their products in beautiful decanters and other glassware that have become a favorite of collectors. In the mid 1960’s, Avon began producing novelty containers for perfumes and colognes. Collectors loved the new products, and Avon began creating more collectibles to draw in their customers. Avon started selling dinnerware, glasses and other home items starting in 1975 with the ruby red 1876 Cape Cod Collection. That collection was so successful that Avon has continued releasing different glassware, giftware and dinnerware collections for many years.